Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Books I Read in 2006

This wasn't such a good year for reading books. It could be that as a copy editor I spend all day reading. It could be that I was focused on Carolyn so much I couldn't take my eyes off of her long enough to read anything. Or maybe I was just too lazy and attached to my iPod, listening to podcasts all day long and downloading more music and books on tape, etc. I have a feeling the last reason is the most accurate. I could say I've listened to at least 1,000 hours of podcasts. Damn.

So here it is, with the author and the grade I give each book:

The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet (A)
The Closers by Michael Connelly (B+)
The Big Bad Wolf by James Patterson (A)
The Last American Man by Elizabeth Gilbert (A+)
Praise by Andrew McGahan (B+)
Lost Light by Michael Connelly (A)
City of Bones by Michael Connelly (A-)
Chasing the Dime by Michael Connelly (A-)
Witch Hunt by Ian Rankin (A)

No comments: